Sunday, December 30, 2007

Smooth Operator


The time came on Christmas Eve to finally do away with the hair. Chemo had pretty much knocked out the beard a week or two ago, so it had been cut off and the remaining hair on the head was looking pretty bad. Now all that remains are the remains of a thin mustache which is hanging on for dear life.

This is a good thing.

My hair had started to look like that of a chemo patient. I decided that it needed to look like a legitimate choice, not just a reaction. I have been surprisingly accepting of this change in appearance. I was concerned that I might have an unattractive head for this type of style. I have been assured by many that I can carry it off quite well. This is a relief. Still a major change, but a relief.

Now I may need to reconsider that earring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An earring?? In the old days, I would have said "oh, nooooooooo" - however, today I say "GO FOR IT"!!!

Beth said...

get the earring!!!!! =)

(and i can't believe the move will be endorsed by my father....!!!)

dramamama said...

If you get just ONE ear pierced, I bet that I and alot of your friends can get you an entire WARDROBE of earrings (since I have lost ONE of about 10 different pairs).

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.