Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just Like Sands Through The Hourglass...


We are now in the final approach. Starting Sunday morning I will be on clear liquids followed by the cleansing regimen (16 ounces of nasty tasting stuff which cleans your system out COMPLETELY). Then surgery Monday afternoon at 2:30pm. All confirmed. All ready to go.

Except for me.

I still have to get my head around it. You would think that after this much waiting I would have completely readied myself for the surgery but it isn't so. Perhaps you never are completely ready to face up to the fact that you are voluntarily going to let someone cut you open and poke around inside. I trust the team, no question, but if I think about the particulars too much, I get a little nervous.

So today I am distracting myself by eating continuously. This has been easy since I have relatives in from North Carolina who used to live here and they want to visit all of their favorite restaurants. I am happily accompanying them. Not having much chemo for a month will definitely improve your appetite. Knowing that you will be eating hospital food for a week will also serve to encourage you to eat what you want now.

Wish me luck and let the Countdown begin.

3 comments:

dramamama said...

Wishing you luck, all of it good.

Sending love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Beth said...

This blog is still linked to mine, and visiting this week, it's hard to believe it's been a year since this post. Thinking of you and your loved ones, Richard, and missing you and your words. Love, Beth